Did you know that June is one of the best times to feed house plants?!
With that said, follow these easy plant care tips to have healthy, flourishing plants all summer long:
- Use a water soluble plant food at half-strength and feed your plant with this mixture every other watering.
- Do not overwater! Even though the weather is getting hotter, water the plants as you have been all winter and spring.
- Keep your plants away from direct sunlight, but do keep them near a bright window to ensure they’re getting proper lighting.
- Keep plants out of the draft of air conditioning to avoid them from getting cold shocked.
- If your home has central air, you may need to be watering more often than the rest of the year since air conditioning has a tendency to de-humidify the air.
- On the other hand, if you don’t have air conditioning and your climate is high in humidity, then you can continue watering as you would during the rest of the year.
If you liked this article, you may also be interested in some of our other Petal Talk articles from 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Expert Jerry Rosalia: